ORIGINAL circa.1935 COIN-OP has been in STORAGE FOR 64 YEARS
This is Miami Digger serial #320 built by William Bartlett in the mid-1930s and operated by his company until 1951. After 15 years of operation is was put in storage where it remained until this offer for sale.
It has been superficially cleaned in the Vintage Amusements studio but is presented here with all of the patina of it’s nearly 80 years old age. It is suitable to display and play just as it is, or for a restoration project. It is excellent for an antique shop or museum because visitors can play it and watch it work without concern of failure.
The mechanical and electrical mechanism below deck is essentially brand new, having been re-made with a new motor, wiring, switches, and parts, and it is guaranteed 100% for parts and labor for life. This machine functions correctly and can be played dependably for years to come.
The following items are included with purchase:
– Photocopies of the original 1932 Patent Documents
– Replica shipping crate which can be used as a Display Stand after delivery.
– 43 page illustrated Historical Booklet about the Miami Digger and the inventor
– A Certificate of Provenance with ownership details of the digger,1935 – 2016
– Two 5”x7” photos of Miami diggers in operation in 1940.
Miami Diggers are easy to research using Google and are profiled in Tom Gustwillier’s comprehensive coin-op book “For Amusement Only”
Shipping in the custom crate/display stand by a premium carrier to a business address or nearby terminal is only $145.
Dimensions: 24.5″ wide x 19″ deep x 27″ high (plus fold-up header sign @ 8″)